Finland, known for its stunning natural landscapes, technological innovation, and high standard of living, offers a favorable environment for business and investment. The country’s business landscape is characterized by a mix of traditional industries and emerging sectors, presenting diverse opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors.
One prominent sector in Finland is technology and innovation. The country is home to several globally recognized technology companies and startups, particularly in the fields of telecommunications, information technology, and clean technology. Investing in Finnish technology companies or supporting the growth of startups can tap into Finland’s strong culture of innovation and its expertise in research and development.
Another significant sector in Finland is forest and paper industry. The country has abundant forest resources and a long history in forestry. Investing in timber production, wood processing, or pulp and paper manufacturing can benefit from Finland’s sustainable forestry practices and the demand for forest-based products worldwide.
Finland also has a strong presence in the manufacturing sector, including machinery and equipment manufacturing, automotive components, and electronics. Investing in Finnish manufacturing companies or establishing production facilities can leverage Finland’s skilled workforce, advanced manufacturing capabilities, and access to international markets.
Additionally, Finland places a strong emphasis on clean and renewable energy. The country is a leader in energy efficiency and has made significant progress in transitioning to renewable energy sources. Investing in renewable energy projects, such as wind power, bioenergy, or solar energy, aligns with Finland’s commitment to sustainable development and contributes to the country’s goal of carbon neutrality.
The healthcare and biotechnology sectors in Finland are also notable. The country has a well-functioning healthcare system and a strong focus on research and development in life sciences. Investing in Finnish healthcare companies, pharmaceutical research, or medical technology can tap into Finland’s expertise in healthcare innovation and its growing demand for advanced healthcare solutions.
Furthermore, Finland has a thriving startup ecosystem, particularly in the technology and gaming industries. The country offers support programs, funding opportunities, and a collaborative business environment for startups. Investing in Finnish startups or partnering with them can provide access to cutting-edge technologies and disruptive business models.
When considering investments in Finland, it’s important to understand the local business culture, regulatory framework, and market dynamics. Engaging with local partners, industry associations, and government agencies can provide valuable insights and support.
In summary, Finland offers a range of investment opportunities across various sectors, including technology, forestry, manufacturing, renewable energy, healthcare, and startups. Its strong focus on innovation, sustainability, and high-quality standards make Finland an attractive destination for business and investment.
5 Largest Finland Companies
Commonly referred to as Nordea, is a leading Nordic financial services group headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. It is one of the largest banks in the region and provides a wide range of banking and financial services to individuals, businesses, and institutional clients.
Nordea operates in several Nordic countries, including Finland, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway, as well as in the Baltic countries. The bank offers services such as retail banking, corporate banking, investment banking, asset management, and wealth management. It serves millions of customers and has a strong presence in the Nordic financial markets.
Neste Corporation is a Finnish multinational company that specializes in renewable fuels, chemicals, and sustainable solutions. It is one of the world’s largest producers of renewable diesel and renewable jet fuel derived from waste and residue raw materials.
Headquartered in Espoo, Finland, Neste operates in over 20 countries and has production facilities and offices around the globe. The company focuses on developing and providing sustainable solutions to help combat climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
KONE Corporation is a Finnish multinational company that specializes in the design, manufacture, installation, and maintenance of elevators, escalators, and automatic building doors. With a history dating back to 1910, KONE has grown to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative solutions for vertical transportation and building access.
Headquartered in Espoo, Finland, KONE operates globally in over 60 countries and has a presence in more than 1,000 cities. The company’s products and services are used in a wide range of buildings, including residential, commercial, and public buildings, as well as in airports, hospitals, and other infrastructure projects.
Sampo plc is a leading Nordic financial group headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. The company operates through its subsidiaries in the insurance and banking sectors. Sampo’s primary focus is on property and casualty insurance, life insurance, and banking services.
In the insurance sector, Sampo owns and operates If P&C Insurance, one of the largest property and casualty insurance companies in the Nordic region. If P&C Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services to individuals, businesses, and corporate clients, including coverage for property, vehicles, liability, and other risks. The company has a strong reputation for its customer-centric approach, innovative solutions, and efficient claims handling processes.
Nokia Corporation is a multinational telecommunications and technology company headquartered in Espoo, Finland. With a rich history dating back over 150 years, Nokia has played a significant role in shaping the telecommunications industry and has become a well-known global brand.
Nokia operates in various sectors of the telecommunications industry, providing a wide range of products, solutions, and services. The company has expertise in network infrastructure, software, and hardware technologies, enabling the delivery of reliable and efficient connectivity solutions.
Big Companies from Finland Lists
- Communications : Elisa Corporation, Teleste Corporation.
- Utilities : Fortum Corporation.
- Distribution Services : Atria, Oriola Corporation A, Aspo, Relais Group, Duell, Wulff Group.
- Health Technology : Orion Corporation A, Revenio Group Corporation, Nanoform Finland, Herantis Pharma, Bioretec Oy, Biohit, Nexstim, Bbs-bioactive Bone Substitutes.
- Producer Manufacturing : Kone Corporation, Metso, Wartsila Corporation, Valmet Corporation, Konecranes, Uponor, Ponsse, Exel Composites, Raute Corporation, Robit, Tulikivi, Elecster, Kesla, Martela, Lifa Air, Nordic Lights Group, Norrhydro Group.
- Electronic Technology : Nokia Corporation, Kempower, Vaisala Corporation A, Scanfil, Incap Corporation, Detection Technology, Boreo, Modulight, Optomed, Merus Power, Aspocomp Group, Solteq, Enedo, Valoe.
- Health Services : Terveystalo, Pihlajalinna.
- Retail Trade : Kesko Corporation A, Tokmanni Group, Musti Group, Puuilo, Stockmann, Kamux Corporation, Verkkokauppa.com, Wetteri, Saga Furs.
- Energy Minerals : Neste Corporation.
- Process Industries : Upm-kymmene Corporation, Stora Enso, Huhtamaki, Metsa Board, Kemira, Raisio Plc K, Spinnova, Suominen, Glaston Corporation, Nurminen Logistics, Piippo, Fifax Abp.
- Non-energy Minerals : Outokumpu, Afarak Group Se, Koskisen, Lapwall, Endomines Finland, Componenta Corporation, Ecoup.
- Consumer Services : Sanoma Corporation, Alma Media Corporation, Viking Line Abp, Noho Partners, Keskisuomalainen, Ilkka, Punamusta Media, Viafin Service.
- Consumer Durables : Fiskars Corporation, Nokian Tyres, Harvia, Rapala Vmc Corporation, Consti, Orthex, Honkarakenne.
- Consumer Non-durables : Olvi, Marimekko Corporation, Anora Group, Apetit, Hkscan, Fodelia.
- Technology Services : Tietoevry Corporation, Qt Group, Rovio Entertainment Corporation, F-secure, Gofore, Remedy Entertainment, Withsecure Corporation, Admicom, Digia, Lemonsoft, Bittium Corporation, Sitowise Group, Tecnotree Corporation, Siili Solutions, Aiforia Technologies, Nixu, Loihde, Vincit, Ssh Communications Security, Efecte, Leaddesk, Digital Workforce Services, Innofactor, Netum Group, Heeros, Digitalist Group, Qpr Software, Witted Megacorp.
- Finance : Nordea Bank Abp, Sampo, Kojamo, Citycon, Eq, Aktia Bank, Oma Saastopankki, Alandsbanken Abp (Bank Of Aland), Yit Corporation, Evli, Nyab, Capman, Taaleri, Titanium, United Bankers, Lifeline Spac I, Alexandria Group, Srv Group, Toivo Group, Sievi Capital, Reka Industrial, Aallon Group, Alisa Pankki, Investors House, Panostaja, Partnera, Springvest, Eagle Filters Group, Inderes.
- Commercial Services : Enento Group, Lassila & Tikanoja, Talenom, Eezy, Nightingale Health, Dovre Group, Betolar, Fondia, Trainersâ´ House, Administer.
- Industrial Services : Caverion, Etteplan, Purmo Group, Lamor Corporation, Enersense International, Kreate Group, Solwers, Lehto Group.
- Transportation : Cargotec, Finnair, Tamtron Group.
data taken in may 2023.