Denmark, a small Nordic country known for its high standard of living and progressive business environment, offers a wealth of opportunities for businesses and investors. With a strong focus on innovation, sustainability, and work-life balance, Denmark has fostered a business ecosystem that encourages growth and competitiveness.
One prominent sector in Denmark is renewable energy. The country is a global leader in wind energy, with wind turbines dotting its picturesque landscapes. Danish companies are at the forefront of wind turbine manufacturing, installation, and maintenance. Investing in renewable energy projects, such as wind farms or solar installations, can tap into Denmark’s expertise in clean energy and its commitment to sustainability.
Denmark also boasts a strong maritime industry, supported by its strategic location and extensive coastline. The country is a hub for shipping, logistics, and maritime services. Investing in maritime-related businesses, such as shipping companies, shipbuilding, port infrastructure, and marine technology, can benefit from Denmark’s long-standing maritime traditions and expertise.
The healthcare and life sciences sector in Denmark is another area of strength. The country has a well-developed healthcare system, renowned for its high-quality care and focus on innovation. Danish companies excel in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biotechnology, and healthcare services. Investing in this sector can leverage Denmark’s research capabilities, access to clinical trials, and its reputation as a leader in medical innovation.
Denmark is also known for its design and creative industries. Danish design, characterized by its functional simplicity and aesthetic appeal, has gained global recognition. The country’s furniture, fashion, interior design, and architecture sectors offer investment opportunities for those interested in the creative field. Collaborating with Danish designers or investing in design-driven companies can tap into Denmark’s design heritage and its reputation for quality craftsmanship.
Additionally, Denmark has a thriving information technology and digital sector. The country boasts a highly connected population and a tech-savvy workforce. Danish companies excel in areas such as software development, IT services, e-commerce, and digital solutions. Investing in technology startups or partnering with Danish IT firms can provide access to innovative solutions and digital expertise.
Denmark also has a strong food and agricultural industry. The country is known for its organic and sustainable farming practices, as well as its high-quality food products. Investing in agricultural technology, food processing, or specialty food products can benefit from Denmark’s focus on quality, safety, and sustainability in the food sector.
When considering investments in Denmark, it’s important to understand the local business culture, regulations, and market dynamics. Engaging with local partners, industry associations, and government agencies can provide valuable insights and support.
In summary, Denmark offers a favorable business environment with a focus on innovation, sustainability, and quality. The country’s expertise in renewable energy, maritime, healthcare, design, technology, and food industries present diverse investment opportunities for those seeking to enter the Danish market.
5 Largest Denmark Companies
As a Denmark global pharmaceutical company, Novo Nordisks specializes in the development, production, and marketing of pharmaceutical products, primarily focusing on diabetes care. Novo Nordisk is a leading company in the field of diabetes treatment and offers a wide range of products, including insulin, oral antidiabetic drugs, and other therapies related to diabetes management.
The company also conducts research and development in other therapeutic areas such as obesity, hemophilia, and growth disorders. Novo Nordisk operates in more than 80 countries worldwide and is committed to improving the lives of people living with chronic diseases through innovative and sustainable healthcare solutions.
DSV, officially known as DSV Panalpina A/S, is a global transport and logistics company based in Denmark. The company provides a wide range of services, including freight forwarding, supply chain management, and transportation solutions. DSV operates in more than 80 countries and has a strong presence in Europe, Americas, Asia, and the Middle East.
DSV offers end-to-end logistics solutions for various industries, including automotive, healthcare, retail, technology, and more. Their services encompass air, sea, and road freight, customs clearance, warehousing and distribution, e-commerce logistics, project logistics, and value-added services.
Orsted, formerly known as DONG Energy, is a renewable energy company based in Denmark. It is one of the world’s largest developers and operators of offshore wind farms. The company’s primary focus is on renewable energy generation, with a strong emphasis on wind power.
Orsted operates, constructs, and develops onshore and offshore wind farms, as well as bioenergy plants and solar farms. The company has a significant presence in Europe, North America, and Asia, and has played a leading role in the global transition towards renewable energy.
Coloplast is a Danish medical device company specializing in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products and services for the management of various medical conditions. The company primarily focuses on four main areas: Ostomy Care, Continence Care, Wound & Skin Care, and Interventional Urology.
In the Ostomy Care segment, Coloplast provides products such as ostomy bags, accessories, and support services to help individuals with a stoma live a comfortable and active life. Continence Care involves solutions for managing bladder and bowel dysfunctions, including catheters, urine collection bags, and related accessories.
A.P. MOLLER – MAERSK
A.P. Moller – Maersk, commonly known as Maersk, is a Danish largest integrated container logistics and shipping company in the world. Maersk operates in various sectors, including container shipping, port and terminal operations, and inland services.
The company’s container shipping division is one of the core businesses of Maersk. It operates a fleet of container vessels that transport goods globally, connecting businesses and consumers across continents. Maersk provides reliable and efficient shipping services, enabling the global trade of a wide range of products.
List of Denmark Public Companies
- Technology Services : SIMCORP, NETCOMPANY GROUP, TRIFORK HOLDING AG CBRAIN, NNIT, JOBINDEX, PENNEO, SPENN TECHNOLOGY, MAPSPEOPLE, RISMA SYSTEMS, IMPERO, TROPHY GAMES DEVELOPMENT, SAMESYSTEM, WIRTEK, KONSOLIDATOR, MDUNDO.COM, DATAPROCES GROUP, SCAPE TECHNOLOGIES, DECIDEACT, HYPEFACTORS, NEXCOM, SELUXIT, ROVSING, BRAIN+, VALUER HOLDING, CONFERIZE, ENALYZER, HAPPY HELPER.
- Consumer Durables : PANDORA, BANG & OLUFSEN, MT HOJGAARD HOLDING, HUSCOMPAGNIET, TCM GROUP, AGF.
- Miscellaneous : ENNOGIE SOLAR GROUP, STRATEGIC INVESTMENTS, XACT OMXC25.
- Distribution Services : BRDR. A & O JOHANSEN, SCANDINAVIAN MEDICAL SOLUTIONS, RIAS, WINDOWMASTER INTERNATIONAL, DANTAX.
- Electronic Technology : GN STORE NORD, RTX, BACTIQUANT, Q-INTERLINE, DANISH AEROSPACE COMPANY.
- Consumer Services : TIVOLI, NORTH MEDIA, PARKEN SPORT & ENTERTAINMENT, BRONDBYERNES IF FODBOLD, SILKEBORG IF INVEST, ASTRALIS, DONKEYREPUBLIC HOLDING, AALBORG BOLDSPILKLUB.
- Commercial Services : ISS, GUBRA, COLUMBUS, INTERMAIL.
- Transportation : DSV, A.P. MOLLER – MAERSK, KOBENHAVNS LUFTHAVNE, TORM PLC A DFDS, D/S NORDEN NTG NORDIC TRANSPORT GROUP, ERRIA, NORDIC SHIPHOLDING.
- Industrial Services : PER AARSLEFF HOLDING, B SOLAR, RE-MATCH HOLDING, NTR HOLDING.
- Utilities : ORSTED.
- Process Industries : NOVOZYMES B, SCHOUW & CO., UIE PLC SP GROUP, BRDR.HARTMANN, FLUGGER GROUP, B FIRSTFARMS, GABRIEL HOLDING, STENOCARE.
- Retail Trade : MATAS, ORDERYOYO.
- Health Technology : NOVO NORDISK, COLOPLAST, GENMAB, DEMANT, H. LUNDBECK, A AMBU, ALK-ABELLO, BAVARIAN NORDIC, OSSUR HF ZEALAND PHARMA, CHEMOMETEC, BIOPORTO, VIROGATES, ORPHAZYME
- Producer Manufacturing : VESTAS WIND SYSTEMS, NKT, NILFISK HOLDING, GREEN HYDROGEN SYSTEMS, AQUAPORIN, SHAPE ROBOTICS, FOM TECHNOLOGIES, ROBLON B, SKAKO, HOVE, HYDRACT, SCANDINAVIAN BRAKE SYSTEMS, ODICO.
- Non-Energy Minerals : ROCKWOOL, SER. A FLSMIDTH & CO., H+H INTERNATIONAL.
- Consumer Non-Durables : CARLSBERG, CHR. HANSEN HOLDING, ROYAL UNIBREW, SCANDINAVIAN TOBACCO GROUP, HARBOES BRYGGERI, ALEFARM BREWING.
- Finance : DANSKE BANK, TRYG, TOPDANMARK, JYSKE BANK, RINGKJOBING LANDBOBANK, ALM. BRAND, SYDBANK, JEUDAN, SPAR NORD BANK, VESTJYSK BANK, SPAREKASSEN SJAELLAND-FYN, LAN OG SPAR BANK, DANSKE ANDELSKASSERS BANK, BANKNORDIK P/F SKJERN BANK, FYNSKE BANK, GRONLANDSBANKEN, DJURSLANDS BANK, PRIME OFFICE, KREDITBANKEN, PARK STREET, A LOLLANDS BANK, TOTALBANKEN, PHARMA EQUITY GROUP, MONS BANK, NORDFYNS BANK, FAST EJENDOM DANMARK, GREENMOBILITY, AGAT EJENDOMME, SWISS PROPERTIES INVEST, CEMAT, HVIDBJERG BANK, SCANDINAVIAN INVESTMENT GROUP, MOVINN, NORD.INVESTMENTS FONDSM.SELSK, NEWCAP HOLDING.
data taken in may 2023.